Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I was in the library and then SHAZAM!


The library is a place of mystery. It holds secrets of great authors like John Something-or-other and Charles What’s-his-name. But that is not why I go to the library. In the past I have only gone to the library when it was completely and utterly necessary that I find sources for research papers. This, I did not need today. I was suffering through withdrawal from television after a Saturday of Turner Classic Movies. In light of that, I decided to move on with my detoxification by studying away from moving pictures. The library. The source that has brought wonder and amazement to many children such as Matilda and Barbara Ellen Brink (who is now the writer of the best selling e-book “Entangled.” Death, Wine, Mystery, Love. Hidden secrets lurk around every corner. The suspense will keep you turning the pages…the link to Barbara’s blog is over on the side). The last two days I have studied at the library. I have designated my own study carrel, hoping no one will take it over when I visit again. I would carve my name into it but I’m trying to be a studious student. That just doesn’t seem very studious to me.
After reading my Ethics book for over an hour I started losing my concentration. It was definitely time for lunch. I left by way of the elevator. Climbing four stories with a 30 maybe 40 pound back pack is not my cup of tea. My cup if tea is Peace Tea! Peace Tea was definitely created by hippies because there are pictures of them on the can. Once I purchased a can of Peace Tea with my burrito and I didn’t look at the receipt until I had left. They had charged me $2.89 for my Peace Tea! I wanted to take it back and show them the price labeled on the can. 99c. How could they dare charge me more because, “Shazam! It’s on the can!” Now every time I purchase my Peace Tea, I check the receipt. Fortunately, they have not screwed up again. I can sit down and drink my gigantic can of peace tea that hippies mixed up just for me.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you threw a commercial for my book right in the middle of your beautiful dissertation on the library and peace tea. but If I were you, and I was broke, I would have gone straight back and asked for my money back. Peace out:)
    I had to delete the last one cause there was a misspelled word. An author can't have that out in public. What would people think???!!

    ReplyDelete