Monday, October 25, 2010

It's all about the Sauce


Chicken Fingers. They are the most filling yet least expensive thing to eat in the CMU downstairs café. Get some barbeque sauce on those suckers and they are mighty tasty, but today I decided to also try a different kind of sauce. I love buffalo wings so when I saw buffalo sauce it seemed like a great idea. I should have known there was something different about this buffalo sauce when I first squirted it through the dispenser into my little plastic sauce cup. It was very pungent. So I ate it on a couple chicken fingers and it tasted ok. Not too bad. Right after that I headed to class where I realized that my breath was wretched! That buffalo sauce had contaminated my mouth with its pungent odor. I didn’t have time to go back to the dorm and brush my teeth before I met with my advisor so I quick chewed some gum on my way to his office. During my 25-minute wait for my advisor I talked to another girl waiting to see him. I felt very self-conscious about my breath, hoping not to convulse her, even though with this breath in this close proximity it was inevitable; but she showed no signs of convulsion. I didn’t even notice her turning up her nose. Yet I tried to keep my mouth closed when I wasn’t speaking. I re learned a valuable lesson today: Physical education classes are the best filler courses because they’re only one credit and there’s never homework. Ballroom dance class is going to be amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Totally saw you walking into the CA today. You would have seen me if you'd of looked to your left before walking in the door. I fracking love BBQ sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you that buffalo stuff is gross! You should listen to your mother and your life would forever run smoothly.
    Ballroom dancing??! What in the world? You really are turning into Grandma!

    ReplyDelete