Sunday, October 3, 2010

Roller Derby + Random = Fun Stuff



October 2nd
I woke up knowing that today wasn’t just any day. This was the day I was going to see my first roller derby game. I went through the day waiting for it to be time to go. I did some errands, had an encounter with a squirrel, washed clothes, worked on a project, and right before it was time leave I tried on about 10 different outfits, then changed once again after I saw what my friend was wearing. Our plan to eat at Aladin’s before the derby failed when we found out it closes at 4pm on Saturdays so Wendy’s filled our bellies instead.
The Urban Plains Center looked as if the parking lot was completely full, but to our surprise there were plenty of open spaces. On entering the parking lot there were attendants that were taking parking fee money. They wanted $3 for doing absolutely nothing but taking money. They weren’t even directing traffic to the area with open spaces. We took too long looking for the last dollar so they told us to just go ahead. That seemed a little fishy to me, only $2 even though it’s supposed to be $3? I don’t trust parking lot attendants that don’t do anything.
There was a pretty big crowd to see the roller derby girls. The first teams to play were Fargo Moorhead Intraleague Derby Girls: Fighting Suzies vs. Battlescar Galactica. That was interesting, but the main event was an intense game. The Murder City Maidens from Canada played against our Fargo Moorhead derby girls. Our team won cause they’re amazing.
Since I didn’t get a video of the Derby Girls, here’s a video of part of my squirrel encounter along with fireworks in 30 seconds, plus pictures of strange guy in a wolverine costume from the street corner, and cute puppies:



2 comments:

  1. fugal is not a word. And I know what you mean, but here is not the place to discuss such things

    ReplyDelete