Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sometimes I stare at people in elevators to make them uncomfortable…



Who eats a muffin with a spoon? About 6 inches away from the professor’s head, I was sure that girl’s coffee would be all over her if the professor leaned back during the demo drawing. The professor didn’t even notice the spoon using, muffin eating, and the coffee slurping directly behind her. The texture of a muffin just isn’t right with a plastic spoon. Also muffins are airier than cake and not sticky enough to be easy to eat with a utensil. Muffins are finger food-that isn’t even an arguable issue. Can you tell I find this spoon usage stranger than seeing monks in Fargo?
Last night when I was coming home from work I stepped into an elevator with a guy I don’t know. I didn’t even recognize him. We spoke a couple words, just irrelevant elevator talk. Today I have noticed him around campus three times. What’s up with that? Why can’t I notice my friends around campus instead of odd people I talk to in elevators? Not that I talk to people in elevators much. Usually it’s strange conversation like a big black gay guy telling me he wishes he had hips like mine, or a group of people that add me into the conversation just because I’m there and I don’t even understand what they’re talking about so I just laugh politely at the appropriate intervals.
Tonight I’m procrastinating from researching Biomass energy so I’ll go take an elevator ride and tell you what happens.
3 Minutes later: Nothing really happened in the elevator. Going down I rode with two guys. One of them mentioned to the other that, “this thing is crazy.” He was referring to the elevator because it makes a shakey sound. I’m used to it. I got out first so I thought I’ll go out this other way so they won’t see me going back to the elevator. Of course, I’m not a jedi so they didn’t do what I wanted them to. They had to go out the same door and toward the same parking lot. That was stupid of me to leave the building because I didn’t even bring a sweatshirt. The ride back up here was with a girl that went to the 10th floor. People usually just ignore each other in the elevator. Sometimes I stare at people in elevators to make them uncomfortable…

2 comments:

  1. Yoda and SpiderMan? Strange combo, but completes your story arc of a girl eating a muffin with a spoon. For...people in elevators often stare straight ahead as though the force they feel.
    I have no idea what I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...those were a lot of comments. But I'm glad because now I can move on to another post. I actually deleted 1 of the 4; one of the ones about many comments...or actually, many COMMENTS! I just felt the crazy meter was at an 11, just wanted it down to a 10.5, I mean no disrespect.

    ReplyDelete